Easy Chocolate Mango Smoothie
This easy Chocolate Mango Smoothie is rich, chocolaty, and so creamy! This quick 4 ingredient Paleo smoothie is great for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. It only takes 5 minutes to make. This smoothie is a fun twist on a classic chocolate smoothie!
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- This mango chocolate smoothie requires only 4 ingredients.
- It is made with wholesome healthy ingredients.
- This smoothie has the consistency of a milkshake.
- It is thick, smooth and creamy.
- This recipe is made without yogurt, without sugar, and without fruit juice.
- The mango adds a pop of color and natural sweetness.
- This smoothie is Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, and refined sugar free.
Mangoes are naturally low in calories but high in antioxidants and vitamins. They are specifically high in Vitamin C, which is great for immunity. This sweet fruit is nicknamed the “king of fruit”.
One cup of mango contains over 60% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C. In addition, it provides 20% of the recommended daily intake (RDI) of copper, and almost 20% RDI of folate.
This tropical stone fruit has a pit, layer of skin, and sweet yellow flesh. It is native to Asian countries but popular all over the world!
Cocoa Versus Cacao
What is the difference between cacao and cocoa? Cacao is cacao beans that have not been roasted. Cocoa is beans that have been roasted.
Both cocoa powder and cacao powder will work well in this smoothie. Cacao typically tastes a little more natural since it is less processed. However, cacao has a harsher taste overall.
How To Make
First, add all ingredients to a blender.
Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
Finally, pour into a glass and enjoy!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use frozen mango for best results. The frozen fruit will produce a thicker and creamier smoothie.
Use a creamy nut butter! I do not recommend using a chunky nut butter. Creamy almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, or even a seed butter will work well.
Blend until completely smooth and creamy. This took about 30 seconds in my Ninja Foodi Blender.
If possible, make this smoothie when you’re ready to drink it. While it can sit in the fridge, it will become less thick the longer it sits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Smoothies are made with fruit. On the other hand, shakes usually include ice cream, yogurt, or another dairy product.
Yes! Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with desired topping.
You can make this ahead of time, but it will become less thick the longer it sits in the fridge. I really recommend making this when you’re ready to consume it.
Fresh mango is fine flavor wise, but the smoothie will not be nearly as thick and creamy. The frozen mango really makes for a thick smoothie!
Yes, any milk works. I used almond milk but any milk works well.
My two favorite brands for blenders are Ninja and Vitamix.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out my Breakfast Recipes page.
Get the Recipe: Easy Chocolate Mango Smoothie (Paleo, Vegan)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter, or other nut butter
- First, add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Finally, pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Using frozen mango chunks will make this smoothie thick and creamy. I do not recommend fresh mango because it will make the smoothie runny.
- Use milk of choice. I used almond milk.
- Any creamy nut or seed butter will work!
- This smoothie can be made ahead of time and left in the fridge, but it is best enjoyed right after making.
- Smoothie will become less thick the longer it sits in the fridge.
- Feel free to add a scoop of protein powder prior to blending!
Love easy recipes like this Chocolate Mango Smoothie? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!