Buffalo Chicken Fries
These buffalo chicken fries are loaded to perfection! This quick and easy game day appetizer has become a family favorite and takes less than 30 minutes. The fries are golden crispy, the chicken is hearty, and the buffalo sauce is spicy. These buffalo chicken cheese fries are not to be missed!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These buffalo chicken fries are easy, quick and delicious.
- This recipe is great for game days and entertaining.
- It is made with pantry staples.
- This is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- This recipe is gluten free and can be easily adapted to be dairy free.
- Check out these homemade French Fries for another great recipe!
- Use leftover chicken from this Instant Pot Whole Chicken or these Buffalo Chicken Thighs to make it easy.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Any type of frozen or homemade fries work. For this recipe, larger fries work better. Flimsy or small fries will not hold up to the weight of the chicken and buffalo sauce.
Any type of shredded cheese works. Pepper jack, cheddar, and mozzarella are all delicious!
Shredded chicken breasts, chicken thighs, and rotisserie chicken are all great options. Shred into bite sized pieces.
Buffalo sauce and hot sauce can both be used here. Use your desired level of heat.
Garnish with chopped green onions and blue cheese or Ranch dressing if desired.
Taste & Texture
These buffalo chicken fries are spicy and creamy! The fries, buffalo sauce and chicken are the main flavors.
The fries are crispy, the chicken is tender and the sauce is creamy. These fries have all the best textures.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare frozen fries per bag instructions.
Once fries are cooked, remove pan from oven. Sprinkle cheese on top of fries.
Then, add chicken and buffalo sauce on top.
Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and fries are crispy.
Finally, remove from oven. If desired, garnish with green onions and blue cheese or Ranch.
Air Fryer Method
To make these buffalo chicken fries in the air fryer, follow these steps.
- Arrange frozen fries on air fryer pan. Lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping halfway.
- Remove from air fryer. Top with chicken, cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Air fry for another 2 to 3 minutes at 400 degrees or until fries are crispy.
- Finally, remove from air fryer. Garnish with desired toppings.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use sturdy fries. Smaller fries will not hold up to the weight of the chicken and sauce. Moreover, I recommend waffle fries, steak fries or thick cut fries.
Bake French fries until golden crispy. They should not be soggy.
Do not be afraid to add toppings! These fries are loaded.
Gluten Free Frozen Fries
Unfortunately, many frozen French fries are not gluten free friendly. Here are some brands that offer gluten free frozen fries. As always, double check ingredients list.
Typically, plain unseasoned fries are your best bet.
How to Serve & Store
Serve buffalo chicken fries hot and fresh from the oven. They are great with blue cheese and Ranch dressing.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, arrange fries on pan or air fryer basket. Reheat at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until fries are crispy again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Shredded chicken breasts or thighs, or rotisserie chicken are great options.
Both homemade and frozen fries can be used. Use larger, more sturdy fries for best results.
Yes, definitely! Make fries then add toppings and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Yes! See above instructions for the air fryer.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Fries
- 1 bag frozen fries
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- green onions, to garnish
- blue cheese, or Ranch
- First, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare frozen fries as written on the bag.
- Once fries are cooked, remove from oven. Sprinkle cheese on top of fries.
- Then, add chicken and buffalo sauce on top.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and fries are crispy.
- Finally, remove from oven. Garnish with green onions and blue cheese or Ranch.
- I recommend using fries that are large and not flimsy. Waffle fries, steak fries, and thick cut fries are all great options.
- Shredded chicken breasts or thighs, or rotisserie chicken all work well.
- Feel free to add more or less buffalo sauce to suit your preferences.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Love these buffalo chicken fries? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!