Sausage Stir Fry
This sausage stir fry is quick and easy, packed with flavor, and great for meal prep! It takes only 20 minutes from start to finish. This sausage and vegetable stir fry is totally customizable and great for the whole family.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This sausage stir fry takes only 20 minutes to make.
- It is filled with hearty sausage and fresh veggies.
- This stir fry reheats well, making it great for meal prep.
- Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand.
- It is totally customizable.
- This recipe is Whole30, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free.
- Check out this Chinese Garlic Sauce or this Bratwurst Recipe for another delicious recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Olive oil and avocado oil are both great cooking oils for this recipe.
Any type of sausage works. For Whole30 and Paleo, look for sausage without sugars or dairy. I love Trader Joe’s chicken sausage for this stir fry.
Minced garlic adds a great garlicky flavor. Feel free to add more or less to suit your taste.
The veggies in this recipe can be mixed and matched. There are so many great vegetables for stir fry. These include broccoli, carrots, onions, cauliflower, mushrooms, peppers and onions.
Coconut aminos tastes exactly like soy sauce, but it is soy free and gluten free. In this case, it adds a great Asian inspired taste. If not doing Whole30, a drizzle of honey is great in this recipe!
Serve this stir fry over cauliflower rice for a Whole30 compliant and lower carb option. Otherwise, white or brown rice can be used.
Taste & Texture
This sausage stir fry has an Asian inspired flavor. It is bursting with fresh veggies and hearty sausage links.
The sausage is crispy whereas the veggies are soft and tender. The coconut aminos is relatively thin, but can be thickened with extra cooking time. Additionally, add in a drizzle of honey (not Whole30) to help thicken the sauce.
How to Make
First, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the olive oil is hot, add in sliced sausage links.
Cook sausage for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Then remove sausage to a plate.
Add minced garlic, broccoli florets and sliced carrots to the skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil if needed.
Meanwhile, add cauliflower rice and a drizzle of olive oil to a separate skillet over low heat. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until warmed through. Stir occasionally.
Cook veggies for 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots have softened, stirring occasionally. Add sausage back into skillet.
Next, pour in coconut aminos. Bring to a light boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Finally, serve sausage and veggies over cauliflower rice.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use fully cooked sausage links.
Cook the veggies until completely tender. Depending on the size of the veggies, this could take slightly longer than the 10 to 12 minutes listed.
Bring the mixture to a light boil. This helps thicken the coconut aminos sauce.
Variations & Add Ins
Consider adding in these flavors to your stir fry.
Drizzle of honey
Red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt and pepper
How to Serve & Store
Serve sausage stir fry with cauliflower rice. This is best served hot!
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! If using frozen veggies, thaw before making this recipe. Then repeat the process as written.
I really like a chicken sausage for this recipe. I do not recommend a sausage that has a super strong flavor, such as sweet apple.
Regular soy sauce is not gluten free, but if you can eat gluten, then yes.
You May Also Like
If you make this sausage stir fry recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Whole30 Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Sausage Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fully cooked sausage links, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- First, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add in sliced sausage links.
- Cook sausage for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Then remove sausage to a plate.
- Add garlic, broccoli florets and sliced carrots to the skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil if needed.
- Meanwhile, add cauliflower rice and a drizzle of olive oil to a separate skillet over low heat. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until warmed through. Stir occasionally.
- Cook veggies for 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots have softened, stirring occasionally. Add sausage back into skillet.
- Next, pour in coconut aminos. Bring to a light boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Finally, serve sausage and veggies over cauliflower rice.
- Any type of sausage works. Keep in mind that the coconut aminos will give this stir fry an Asian flair.
- Feel free to add in veggies of choice. Other great ideas include mushrooms, snow peas, Bok Choy, and onions.
- Coconut aminos is the soy free and gluten free version of soy sauce. If desired, soy sauce can be used for a non gluten free option.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Add more olive oil to the pan if needed. The pan should never be dry.
- If not Whole30, a drizzle of honey does wonders in this dish!
- For a higher carb option, serve over rice.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Love this sausage stir fry? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!