3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are the easiest cookies ever! They take only 15 minutes from start to finish. These cookies are gooey, fudge like and peanut buttery. They are great for holidays, Christmas, birthdays and more. This recipe is naturally flourless, gluten free and dairy free!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are so quick and easy.
- This simple recipe is foolproof.
- Easy enough for kids to make.
- They are flourless.
- These cookies are great for any occasion.
- The texture is gooey, fudge like and moist.
- As written, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and can be easily made refined sugar free.
- Check out these 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies for another dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
For best results, use natural creamy peanut butter. Use peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt. Peanut butter with added oils or sugars will yield more dry cookies. If desired, substitute creamy cashew butter or almond butter. For a nut free option, use sunflower butter.
For the granulated sweetener, use white sugar, brown sugar or coconut sugar. If using brown sugar, use only ¾ cup packed brown sugar. Moreover, this will add a rich molasses flavor to these cookies.
Lastly, use one egg. I do not recommend make an egg free version.
Taste & Texture
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are sweet and peanut buttery! No surprises.
The texture is soft, gooey and fudge like. These cookies are not bland or dry.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix peanut butter, sugar and egg. Then, stir to combine.
Then, roll dough into 1 inch sized balls. Place about 2 inches apart on lined pan.
Use fork to gently press down on each ball, creating a criss cross pattern. Do not press all the way down.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are barely set in the middle.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use a creamy all natural peanut butter. Brands like Jif will create a much more dry, crumbly result.
If needed, stir peanut butter before measuring. Natural peanut butter has natural oil separation.
Use fork to make criss cross in the cookie dough balls. Be careful not to press all the way through.
Try to make cookies all the same size.
These cookies do not spread much while baking.
They are soft and gooey when first removed from the oven. Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes on pan. Handle carefully.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are a blank canvas! Consider these add ins.
Add in a drop of vanilla extract.
Sprinkle in some cinnamon.
Sprinkle sea salt on top of baked cookies.
Dip cooled cookies in melted chocolate.
Mix in mini chocolate chips.
Roll cookie dough balls in sugar before criss crossing and baking.
How to Serve & Store
Serve 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies once cool enough to handle.
Serve with milk, coffee or hot chocolate.
For a more traditional cookie, try these Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies.
These cookies are also great with ice cream! Or, use as the sandwich cookies in an ice cream sandwich.
Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Freeze for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
The ingredients are peanut butter, sugar and egg.
I love Teddie’s peanut butter all natural creamy. Any brand that makes all natural peanut butter works!
Yes. Freeze for up to 2 months.
You May Also Like
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Cookies
If you make this 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more great ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, sugar and egg. Stir to combine.
- Then, roll dough into 1 inch sized balls. Place about 2 inches apart on lined pan.
- Use fork to gently press down on each ball, creating a criss cross pattern. Do not press all the way down.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are barely set in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- I much prefer creamy all natural peanut butter for this recipe. Thicker peanut butter (like Jif) will create more dry cookies.
- If needed, substitute 1 cup coconut sugar or ¾ cup packed brown sugar.
- Use fork to make a criss cross pattern in cookie dough balls. Do not press down all the way.
- These cookies are soft when they first come out of the oven. Be careful handling them.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- These cookies freeze well!
Love these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!
6 Comments on “3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies”
How many cookies per serving?
Hi Jamie. One serving is one cookie.
Going to try this with sunbutter and just egg, because my kiddo has peanut and.egg allergies. I hope it turns out!
Hi Lauren! I hope these cookies came out well for you!
Do you think I could use a sugar substitute?
Hi Liz! I have not tried it and I’m not sure if it would work since each ingredient is so important in this recipe. It would definitely have to be a granulated sweetener. Please let me know if you try something out!