Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
These Vegan pumpkin muffins are so soft, fluffy and moist! They are made in one bowl and take less than 30 minutes total. These muffins are healthy, easy and great for both kids and adults. Great for fall but delicious year round!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Vegan pumpkin muffins are quick and easy.
- They are made with pantry staple ingredients.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- This recipe uses one whole can of pumpkin. No need to worry about leftover pumpkin purée.
- Both kids and adults love this recipe.
- It is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. No white sugar!
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, Vegan, refined sugar free and easily made nut free.
- Check out these Healthy Pumpkin Cookies for another delicious treat!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Vegan pumpkin muffins. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use an entire 15 ounce can of pumpkin purée. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
Any type of dairy free milk works. For nut free, use coconut milk or oat milk.
Melted coconut oil adds nutrients and moisture. I have not tried this recipe using another oil or melted vegan butter. Use refined coconut oil for a neutral flavor.
Pure maple syrup adds the sweetness. If desired, feel free to replace 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup with molasses for a more intense flavor. If not strictly vegan, feel free to substitute with honey.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well.
Baking powder helps these muffins rise in the oven.
Cinnamon adds such a great warmth! Cinnamon and pumpkin pair so well together.
Pumpkin pie spice can be tough to find. Feel free to add more cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg instead.
Ground cloves smell and taste like fall! A little pinch goes a long way.
Taste & Texture
These Vegan pumpkin muffins are warmly spiced. They have a strong pumpkin flavor and delicious cinnamon flavor.
These muffins are soft, fluffy and moist. They are not dry at all. Check out this Vegan Pumpkin Bread!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée, milk, melted coconut oil and pure maple syrup. Stir to combine.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
Divide batter into muffin tray.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow muffins to cool in pan until cool enough to handle.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
Any type of dairy free milk works.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well. Do not use another flour.
The muffin batter will be somewhat thick.
Use an ice cream scooper to scoop batter into greased muffin pan.
Bake muffins only until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these flavor variations and add ins for your vegan pumpkin muffins.
Add in vegan chocolate chips
Add in chopped vegan chocolate
Top with nut butter
Add in chopped walnuts or pecans
Add in dried cranberries
Consider adding in vegan white chocolate chips
How to Serve & Store
Serve vegan pumpkin muffins once slightly cool. They are delicious warm and cold.
Serve with a tall glass of almond milk, cup of coffee, or oat milk hot chocolate.
Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Store in fridge for up to 1 week.
Freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not tried making this into bread. I imagine it would be a little dense, but the flavor would be great.
Any type of milk works. For nut free, use oat milk or coconut milk.
Use nut free milk to make these nut free.
Use gluten free 1 to 1 flour for gluten free vegan pumpkin muffins.
You May Also Like
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
If you make this vegan pumpkin muffin recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Vegan Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée, milk, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in all remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Divide batter into muffin tray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Any type of dairy free milk works.
- Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour can be used.
- The batter will be somewhat thick. I use an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter into the greased muffin pan.
- Feel free to add in chocolate chips, walnuts or another mix in.
- Bake only until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake muffins.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- These muffins freeze well.
Love these vegan pumpkin muffins? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!