This s’mores dip is gooey, melty, chocolaty and so delicious! It takes only 10 minutes and requires only 2 ingredients. Dip in graham crackers, fruit, pretzels or anything else. This homemade dip is super easy and always a big hit. Serve for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, July 4th, birthdays and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This s’mores dip is quick and easy to make.
- Only 2 ingredients needed.
- Only 10 minutes from start to finish.
- Way easier and less messy than traditional s’mores.
- The chocolate becomes melted and creamy.
- The marshmallows get nice and toasty. They become golden, gooey and fluffy.
- No campfire needed. If desired, this can be cooked over a campfire though.
- Everything is done in the oven. No need to worry about the outside weather and building a fire.
- This recipe can be made gluten free, dairy free, and vegan.
- Check out these Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies for another fun dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for oven s’mores dip. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Any type of chocolate can be used. Use chopped Hershey’s bars, milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips. Although white chocolate chips can be used, they do not melt as easily. The dip will not be quite as gooey.
For best results, use jumbo marshmallows. They become toasted on top and remain gooey in the middle. Mini marshmallows or regular sized can be used. Reduce baking time to prevent burning.
For dairy free and vegan, use vegan marshmallows.
Lastly, dip in graham crackers, pretzels or fresh fruit.
Taste & Texture
This s’mores dip tastes like chocolate and toasted marshmallows. With the graham crackers, it tastes exactly like classic campfire s’mores. There is no smoky flavor however.
The chocolate is creamy and melted. The marshmallows are gooey and fluffy.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the chocolate chips in an oven safe skillet.
Then, arrange the jumbo marshmallows on top. Completely cover chocolate chips.
Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until marshmallows have puffed up and turned golden. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes for extra golden marshmallows.
Finally, remove s’mores dip from oven. Serve hot!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use an oven safe pan.
Do not try to microwave this. The chocolate or marshmallows will burn.
Use any type of chocolate. Choose chocolate you enjoy the flavor of.
White chocolate does not melt as easily. Keep that in mind if you use white chocolate chips.
Decrease baking time if using mini or regular marshmallows.
Keep a close watch on the dip while baking. Marshmallows can easily burn.
For extra crispy, broil the dip for 1 to 2 minutes.
For the best flavor, serve immediately after baking. The chocolate will harden as it cools down.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Here are some ways to switch up this oven baked s’mores dip.
Instead of chocolate chips, use Reese’s peanut butter cups. This will create a delicious peanut butter chocolate flavor.
Before adding the marshmallows, drizzle some peanut butter over the chocolate.
Instead of chocolate chips, use Andes mint chocolate bars.
Once baked, drizzle caramel sauce on top.
Use two or more types of chocolate chips.
Switch up what you dip in.
For Easter, use Peeps instead of marshmallows.
How to Serve & Store
Serve s’mores dip hot from the oven! This dip is best served immediately.
Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, strawberries, bananas, Oreos, or other fruit.
This dip is great for family parties, holidays, game days and more.
I do not recommend making this far ahead of time. It is best served immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most marshmallows are gluten free, but some are not. Please double check ingredients.
Graham crackers, peanut butter cups and Oreos go well with s’mores.
Milk chocolate and dark chocolate are best for s’mores. In addition, peanut butter cups are great for s’mores.
Instead of graham crackers, feel free to use saltines, Oreos, or pretzels.
Dip in fruit, crackers, pretzels or Oreos.
You May Also Like
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Melted Snowman Cookies
- Cranberry Jalapeño Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Caramel Apple Dip
If you make this s’mores dip recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: S’mores Dip
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 10 jumbo marshmallows
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chocolate chips in an oven proof skillet. My skillet is 8 inches wide.
- Then, arrange marshmallows on top. You may need more or fewer marshmallows to completely cover the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until marshmallows have puffed up and become golden. For extra crispy marshmallows, broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven. Serve hot with graham crackers, pretzels or fruit!
- Use an oven safe skillet.
- Any type of chocolate works. Feel free to use Hershey’s bars, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or chopped chocolate bars.
- If you only have mini or regular marshmallows, use those. Decrease baking time to not burn marshmallows.
- Bake until marshmallows have reached desired golden color.
- Please keep a close eye on the marshmallows as it bakes.
- Serve immediately for best results.
- To reheat, place skillet back in preheated oven until warm.
Love this s’mores dip? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!