Paleo Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
This Paleo Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake is incredibly refreshing, naturally sweet and extra smooth and creamy. This raw blueberry cheesecake is super easy to make and no bake! It is perfect for summertime. This cheesecake is a showstopper!
Why This Recipe Works
This cheesecake is a regular occurrence in the warmer months. Here is why this blueberry lover raves about this cheesecake:
- This raw blueberry cheesecake requires no baking time.
- This cheesecake is Vegan; no need to worry about room temperature cream cheese or eggs!
- The soaked cashews make this cheesecake extremely smooth and creamy.
- This gluten free dairy free cheesecake is a great dessert to serve to a crowd. Not only is it stunning, but it’s allergy friendly and always a hit!
First, line the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan or cheesecake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the bottom crust first. Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until combined. Mixture will be crumbly and nuts broken up. Press this mixture into the bottom of your springform pan and set aside.
To make the cheesecake filling, add all ingredients (EXCEPT blueberries) to a clean blender and blend until smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender with a spoon or spatula. Keep blending until smooth and uniform. Pour HALF of this mixture down into springform pan.
Add the blueberries to the remaining half of the cheesecake mixture that’s still in the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour this on top of first cheesecake layer in pan. Place covered in freezer while you make the topping.
To make the topping, simply blend the ingredients together. Pour this over cheesecake layers. Freeze for at least 2 hours until frozen through.
To serve, allow cheesecake to thaw on the countertop for 5-10 minutes before cutting into. Store leftovers covered in the freezer for best results.
Follow these tips for how to make the best raw cheesecake:
- Soak cashews for at least 6 hours. I typically soak them in a bowl of water overnight.
- Once cashews are soaked, rinse and pat dry before using.
- Freeze each layer before adding the subsequent layer.
- Freeze this cheesecake completely before slicing and serving.
- Thaw on the countertop for 5 to 10 minutes or until you’re able to cut through it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you eat raw cheesecake?
Traditional cheesecake cannot be eaten raw. Usually, cheesecake contains cream cheese and/or eggs. This Vegan blueberry cheesecake is completely safe to eat raw!
What makes this cheesecake Vegan?
This cheesecake is made with all Vegan and dairy free ingredients. The soaked cashews are used in place of cream cheese. In addition, this cheesecake is gluten free and dairy free.
What is Vegan cheesecake made from?
This Vegan cheesecake is made with soaked cashews instead of cream cheese.
How do you make blueberry cheesecake from scratch?
This blueberry cheesecake is made from scratch. Follow the recipe steps for the best raw blueberry cheesecake!
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I’d love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Paleo Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
Bottom Cheesecake Crust
- 3/4 cup nuts
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 4 dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- squeeze lemon juice
- 2.5 cups cashews, soaked in water 6+ hours
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- First, line the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Then, make the bottom crust. Add all crust ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of the lined pan. Set aside.
- To make cheesecake filling, add all ingredients (except blueberries) to a clean blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula and continue blending until smooth.
- Next, pour HALF of this mixture onto bottom crust in pan. Place pan in freezer.
- Then add blueberries to the remaining half of the cheesecake mixture that's in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the pan. Place back in freezer.
- To make the topping, blend the topping ingredients together. Then, pour this into the pan.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- To serve, allow cheesecake to thaw on the countertop for 5 to 10 minutes or until able to cut through.
- Soak cashews at least 6 hours. Then, rinse and pat dry before using.
- The crust will be crumbly. Press this mixture into the springform pan in one even layer.
- I used a mixture of pecans and walnuts for the crust.
- Freeze each layer before adding the next layer on top.
- Freeze completely through before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Thaw for 5 to 10 minutes on countertop before eating.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
10 Comments on “Paleo Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake”
Wow! Wow! Wow! Made this for my son’s birthday…and it was a winner! Thank you for sharing the recipe. BTW….since I’m allergic to coconut, I used this receipe as a substitute for the coconut cream, coconut oil and maple syrup in the cheesecake layer. https://berrybaker.com/amazing-vegan-whipped-cream/#recipe
Hi Sheryl! I am so thrilled you enjoyed this cheesecake! Thank you for sharing what worked for you. Glad to hear that!
Great recipe! Will make again!
This is making me drool!
FIrst time making vegan cheesecake and it was wonderful.
Love every layer of this cheesecake and I can’t believe it’s vegan!
Yum, I love cheesecake and have a friend who is allergic to dairy so we’ve been discussing whether there’s a good way to make vegan cheesecake!
I LOVE blueberry cheesecake but never imagined it could be made vegan! SCORE!
I love cheesecakes, and this even more because it’s vegan. I’ll have to try it out.
Love the gorgeous layers! So delicious!