Gluten Free Strawberry Galette Recipe
This Gluten Free Strawberry Galette recipe is just like a classic strawberry pie, but way easier and just as delicious! If you’ve never tried a galette then you’re in for a real treat. Think crispy golden edges, a flaky crust, and a sweet strawberry filling.
Why This Recipe Works
This gluten free galette is is equal parts beautiful and rustic. Here is why it is a winner:
- Galettes are significantly easier than pie.
- This gluten free galette has crispy golden edges and a flaky crust.
- The sweet filling and hearty crust complement each other well.
- This strawberry galette can be made with blueberries or raspberries, or a combination of these berries!
Make crust first. Combine all crust ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl. Then cut in butter. Dough will be crumbly. Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
Next, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chilled dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out dough into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick.
Make the filling. Combine all ingredients and toss to ensure strawberries are coated in the tapioca flour.
Remove top piece of parchment paper. Add strawberry filling to the dough, leaving about an inch around the edges. Use the bottom piece of parchment paper to help you roll up the sides of the dough.
Once all the edges are folded up, make egg wash. Whisk egg and brush on top of the folded up edges. Sprinkle with coconut sugar. Place galette and bottom piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is tender.
Lastly, top gluten free galette with desired toppings and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a galette?
A galette is a flat round bread or pastry. In this case, this gluten free galette is filled with a strawberry filling.
What is the difference between a galette and a pie?
Galettes are meant to be much shorter and flatter than a pie. In addition, a galette only uses one crust, whereas pies sometimes use two crusts.
What is inside a galette?
A galette can be filled with sweet or savory fillings. In this case, it’s a strawberry filling.
Is galette dough the same as pie dough?
Yes, galette dough is very similar to pie dough. The ingredients and texture are almost identical. See my Paleo Pie Crust here.
How do I make Paleo whipped cream?
To make coconut whipped cream, add a can (13 ounces) of full fat coconut cream to a KitchenAid. Then, add a spoonful of honey and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and whip for 2 minutes.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I’d love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Gluten Free Strawberry Galette
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- First, make the crust dough. Combine crust ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Use a pastry cutter or fork (or your fingers) to cut butter into dough. Dough will be crumbly. Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour, or until cold.
- When dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out dough into a circle that's 1/4 inch thick. Discard top piece of parchment paper. Keep dough on bottom piece of parchment paper and place on baking sheet.
- Next, make the filing. Combine all filling ingredients and toss to coat berries.
- Place filling on top of dough. Spread filling around, leaving an inch or so around the edges. Use bottom piece of parchment paper to help you roll up the sides of the dough.
- Once edges are folded up, make egg wash. Whisk egg and brush on top of the folded up edges of dough.
- Next, sprinkle coconut sugar on edges of dough.
- Then, bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is bubbly.
- Finally, top with desired toppings and serve!
- Crust dough will be crumbly. Refrigerate dough until cold.
- When rolling out dough, if it cracks, just use your fingers to mend.
- After spreading strawberry filling on top of dough, leave at least one inch of dough along the edges.
- Use bottom piece of parchment paper to help you fold up edges if needed.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!