Ninja Foodi Chili
This Ninja Foodi chili is hearty, savory and so flavorful! It takes only 25 minutes from start to finish. This family friendly dinner is loved by both kids and adults. The leftovers are even better the next day, making it a great make ahead option and meal prep recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Ninja Foodi chili is quick, easy and simple to make.
- The flavors are warm, hearty and savory.
- This chili can be easily made more or less spicy.
- This quick pressure cooker recipe tastes like it has been simmering all day.
- This recipe is Paleo, Whole30 friendly, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free.
- Check out this No Bean Chili for another great option!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Here are some of the most prominent ingredients and their substitutions. See recipe card below for full recipe.
The ground beef can be replaced by ground chicken, ground turkey or ground pork. I like to use a more lean ground beef such as 90/10. If using frozen ground meat, thaw before using.
The bacon adds such a unique and delicious pop of flavor. Use your favorite kind of bacon, or omit entirely if necessary.
Both fire roasted tomatoes and the tomato sauce act like the thick broth. Tomato sauce can be replaced by marinara sauce for a thicker version or even salsa for a spicier recipe.
The cayenne pepper adds some heat. Omit for a more mild flavor.
Taste & Texture
This Ninja Foodi chili is savory, hearty and incredibly flavorful. The main tastes are ground beef, tomatoes, and the seasonings.
This chili is relatively thick. The beef, bacon and fire roasted tomatoes add a nice chunky texture. Add more tomato sauce to thin it out.
How to Make
First, press sauté. Add ground beef, chopped bacon, and chopped onion to Ninja Foodi pot.
Sauté on high for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning and to break apart ground beef.
Press cancel. Then, drain excess grease from pot.
Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Stir to combine.
Secure lid and move top valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
Once timer goes off, carefully move top valve to venting to release pressure manually.
Finally, ladle Ninja Foodi chili into bowls. Serve with desired toppings.
To make this on the stovetop, follow these instructions.
- Add ground beef, bacon and onion to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once beef is cooked through, remove grease from pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients to skillet.
- Bring to a light simmer.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Finally, serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use fresh grass-fed ground beef for best results.
Taste as you cook. Adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Ninja Foodi chili immediately for best results. It is best hot!
Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and serve with cornbread if desired.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This chili freezes well for up to 1 month.
How to Make More or Less Spicy
To make this chili less spicy, omit cayenne powder. Use canned tomatoes instead of fire roasted tomatoes.
Serve with sour cream to help ease the level of spice.
To make more spicy, add in a chopped jalapeño pepper or poblano pepper into the pot before pressure cooking. In addition, add more cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin.
Serve with chopped jalapeños on top for an extra spicy chili!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Any ground meat works well.
Sure. Stir in beans after pressure cooking and stir until beans are cooked.
This chili is between mild and medium. It is definitely not spicy.
Yes! Follow the same instructions for an Instant Pot.
You May Also Like
If you make this Ninja Foodi chili recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Lunch and Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Ninja Foodi Chili
- First, press sauté on Ninja Foodi. Add ground beef, chopped bacon, and chopped onion to pot.
- Sauté on high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning and to break apart ground beef.
- Press cancel. Drain excess grease from pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Secure lid and move top valve to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, carefully move top valve to venting to release pressure manually.
- Finally, ladle chili into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
- Any ground meat works! Ground chicken, pork, and turkey are all great options.
- This chili is between mild and medium. See blog post above for ideas to make it more or less spicy.
- Feel free to adjust seasonings and spices to suit your taste.
- Once timer goes off, use an oven mitt to carefully push valve to venting. The steam is very hot!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for up to 1 month if needed.
Love this Ninja Foodi chili? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!