Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
These overnight oats with protein powder are quick, easy, healthy and delicious! This recipe takes only 5 minutes to throw together. Refrigerate for a few hours up to overnight for the most thick and creamy breakfast! Each serving is loaded with over 30 grams of protein.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These overnight oats with protein powder are so quick and easy.
- This recipe is no bake.
- These overnight oats are made with pantry staple ingredients.
- Everything is mixed in one bowl.
- Great for breakfast, filling snacks or even healthy dessert.
- Each serving contains 32 grams of protein. This Healthy Mug Cake also has over 30 grams of protein!
- Depending on ingredients used, this recipe can be gluten free, dairy free, Vegan and nut free.
- Check out these Protein Overnight Oats or these Peanut Butter Protein Bars for another great recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for overnight oats with protein powder. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use old fashioned rolled oats, not quick oats. Use gluten free if needed. Rolled oats are much more soft and really soak up the milk.
Any type of milk works. To keep this recipe vegan, use dairy free milk. For a nut free option, use regular milk, coconut milk or oat milk. For an ultra creamy option, add in yogurt instead of milk.
Any type of protein powder works. I recommend using your favorite flavor since the flavor is strong. Both plant based protein and animal protein powders can be used.
Chia seeds help thicken this recipe. They soak up the liquid.
Pure maple syrup adds natural sweetness. Use honey or agave syrup if desired. For a sugar free version, omit. The oats will be unsweet without it.
Cinnamon adds a great flavor! Feel free to use pumpkin pie spice or a pinch of nutmeg if desired.
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are no bake oatmeal. This method of preparing oatmeal does not involve any heat.
Instead, oats are soaked in liquid overnight. This creates soft, thick, creamy oats.
Add your favorite toppings! Overnight oats are relatively neutral in flavor.
Therefore, add on some fruit, nut butter, chocolate chips, nuts and more.
Taste & Texture
These overnight oats with protein powder taste mostly like the protein powder used and oats. They are slightly sweet but not overly so. Any toppings will also contribute to the overall flavor.
They are thick, creamy and filling. Feel free to add in a bit more milk for a thinner result. For super thick oats, replace milk with yogurt.
How to Make
First, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
Stir until combined.
Divide mixture into 3 jars with lids.
Secure the lids on top. Place in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours, up to 5 days.
Finally, remove from fridge. Enjoy!
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use old fashioned rolled oats. They become much softer than quick instant oats.
Any type of milk can be used.
Use your favorite kind of protein powder.
Chia seeds help thicken the overnight oats. If desired, feel free to replace with flax seeds.
For thicker oats, use yogurt instead of milk.
For thinner oats, add in a little more milk.
Allow the oats to chill for at least 3 to 4 hours. They become more creamy the longer they refrigerate.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
There are so many different ways to make overnight oats. Consider these flavor variations.
Add in chocolate chips.
Add in a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
Top with peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter.
Top with Nutella for a dessert overnight oats!
Use chocolate protein powder.
Add in lemon zest.
Add in fresh berries.
How to Serve & Store
Serve overnight oats with protein powder once thick and creamy.
Add your favorite toppings and dig in.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is safe to put protein powder in overnight oats.
Any type of protein powder goes well with oats! I recommend vanilla or chocolate.
Use rolled oats, not instant oats.
Add nuts, nut butter, chocolate or fruit on top!
These overnight oats are filled with wholesome ingredients.
They last for up to 5 days in the fridge.
You May Also Like
- Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Chocolate Baked Oats
If you make this overnight oats with protein powder recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! Check out these Breakfast Recipes for more great ideas.
Get the Recipe: Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
- First, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Divide mixture into 3 jars with lids.
- Secure the lids on top. Place in fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours, up to 5 days.
- Finally, remove from fridge. Enjoy!
- Use old fashioned rolled oats, not instant oats. I used gluten free.
- Use dairy free milk for dairy free and Vegan diets.
- Any type of protein powder can be used.
- Omit maple syrup for a sugar free version.
- For extra creamy overnight oats, feel free to add in some yogurt.
- Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Love these overnight oats with protein powder? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!