Brownie Mix Cookies
These brownie mix cookies are gooey, fudge like and so delicious! They take only 15 minutes from start to finish. They could not be easier! These cookies from brownie mix are so easy, chocolaty and tasty.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These brownie mix cookies are so quick and easy.
- They are made with only pantry staples.
- This recipe is a fun way to use brownie mix.
- They are made with only 6 ingredients.
- It takes only 15 minutes from start to finish.
- The cookies are fudge like, gooey and soft.
- Only one mixing bowl needed.
- They are perfect for chocolate lovers!
- Great for the holidays, birthdays, and Christmas.
- Use gluten free brownie mix and gluten free flour to make these gluten free.
- Check out these Paleo Brownie Cookies which are consistently a favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
The eggs held bind the cookies together. I have not tried using a Vegan egg replacement in this recipe. However, I have had success using unsweetened applesauce in place of eggs previously. See these Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies for more tips and tricks.
Both gluten free brownie mix and regular brownie mix work well. Everything from Betty Crocker to Ghirardelli to Trader Joe’s boxed mixes can be used. Check out more of my favorite Trader Joe’s Gluten Free products.
A little flour helps thicken the dough. Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work.
Use a neutral flavored oil. Avocado oil, vegetable oil, and light olive oil are great options.
A little vanilla extract adds a classic cookie flavor.
Add more chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt if desired. When in doubt, always add more chocolate!
Taste & Texture
These brownie mix cookies are chocolaty, rich and decadent. They taste like a classic brownie in cookie form.
The texture is gooey, fudge like and soft. They are not crispy, dry or bland. Like previously mentioned, they are definitely gooey!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs vigorously for 2 minutes.
Then, add in brownie mix, flour, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Stir until a thick dough is formed.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of dough onto lined baking pan.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are just barely done in the middle. They are meant to be gooey!
Finally, remove from oven. Cool on pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Both gluten free brownie mix and regular brownie mix can be used.
This recipe calls for 16 ounces of brownie mix. Some brownie mixes are 20 ounces. Since 16 ounces is 2 cups, measure out brownie mix and either discard or save any extra mix.
If desired, add a pinch of sea salt to the cookie dough.
Cookie dough will resemble traditional chocolate chip cookie dough except it will be chocolaty. The dough itself may look a little more greasy than regular cookie dough. This is due to the oil.
Cookie size determines baking time. For larger cookies, like the ones shown here, bake for 10 minutes. I used a cookie scoop and it made 8 large cookies.
For smaller cookies, bake only 8 to 9 minutes.
Bake cookies only until the middles are slightly set. These cookies are meant to be gooey!
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider adding these ingredients to your brownie mix cookie dough before baking.
Mini chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
Dash of cinnamon
Chopped peanut butter cups
Pinch of espresso powder
Turn your brownie mix into Brownie Cake!
How to Serve & Store
Serve brownie mix cookies once cool enough to handle. They pair well with milk, coffee, and hot chocolate.
For a delicious dessert, serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or fudge sauce.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
They are also delicious straight from the fridge!
Freeze for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brownies are baked in a square or rectangular pan then cut into small pieces. Brownie cookies are cookies that taste like brownies, but in round circular forms.
Yes, you can make cookies with boxed brownie mix.
Both regular brownie mix and gluten free brownie mix can be used. I used Trader Joe’s gluten free brownie mix for this recipe.
You May Also Like
If you make this brownie mix cookies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more sweet treats, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Brownie Mix Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Then, add in brownie mix, flour, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Stir until a thick dough is formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop balls of dough onto lined baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are just barely done in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven. Cool on pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- I used a gluten free brownie mix and gluten free 1 to 1 flour to keep this gluten free.
- Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour can be used.
- This recipe makes 10 to 12 medium sized cookies or 8 larger cookies.
- For medium sized cookies, reduce baking time to 8 to 9 minutes.
- These cookies are meant to be gooey! Remove from oven when they are just barely set in the middle.
- Add a pinch of sea salt if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Love these brownie mix cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!