Baked Oats Without Banana
These baked oats without banana are quick, easy and so delicious! This healthy recipe is made with only a handful of pantry staple ingredients. Make this for an easy breakfast, afternoon snack or healthy dessert. This single serve baked oats is loaded with 27 grams of protein and contains only healthy ingredients!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These baked oats without banana are simple and easy.
- Everything is made in a blender.
- Only pantry staple ingredients needed.
- This recipe is totally customizable.
- These baked oats are made without eggs and without banana.
- Feel free to add in your favorite nuts or fruit.
- The texture is soft, fluffy and moist. It is similar to cake!
- This recipe is vegan, egg free, dairy free, and can be easily made gluten free. Use gluten free oats.
- In addition, this recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. No refined sugar added.
- To make it nut free, use coconut milk or oat milk.
- Check out this Chocolate Baked Oatmeal for another easy recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for baked oats without banana. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use old fashioned rolled oats or oat flour. Do not use quick oats or steel cut oats. If needed, use certified gluten free oats.
Use protein powder that you enjoy the flavor of. The protein powder flavor is detectable in the baked oats. I recommend using a mild flavor or vanilla protein powder. Both whey and plant based work well.
Pure maple syrup adds sweetness. If desired, replace with honey. These baked oats are not overly sweet. Feel free to add a touch more maple syrup if desired.
Add in a pinch of cinnamon for extra flavor.
Baking powder helps this recipe rise.
Any type of milk works. It helps thin out the batter. To keep this recipe vegan, use vegan milk. For nut free, use oat milk or coconut milk. Regular milk works fine too.
If desired, add in a little vanilla extract. This adds a little warmth of flavor.
Lastly, dot with chocolate chips or chunks before baking. Feel free to use blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or another fruit. White chocolate chips also work.
Taste & Texture
These baked oats without banana are not overly sweet. They taste like a healthier cake. The main flavors are protein powder, cinnamon and chocolate.
The texture is soft and fluffy. To prevent dryness and density, do not over bake. In addition, be sure to completely blend the oats. The chocolate becomes melty and creamy on top!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large oven safe cup or ramekin with nonstick spray.
Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to blender.
Blend on high until fully smooth.
Pour mixture into the greased cup.
Add chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until middle looks set but still soft.
Finally, serve baked oats without banana!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use a high speed blender for this recipe. Otherwise, the baked oats will have more of an oatmeal texture.
Use old fashioned rolled oats. Steel cut oats and quick oats are too rough.
The batter will be very thin.
Do not bake too long. Bake until still slightly gooey in the middle.
Top with desired toppings before baking. Chocolate, fruit and nuts work well.
Use an oven safe ramekin or cup. The baked oats total about 1 cup of food. Be sure cup or ramekin is larger than 1 cup.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
There are so many ways to switch up these baked oats without banana.
To make a chocolate version, add in some cocoa powder. About 1 tablespoon is plenty.
For lemon poppyseed, add in poppyseeds and a squeeze of lemon juice. A little lemon zest adds a punch of flavor.
Replace chocolate chips with blueberries.
Use diced strawberries, raspberries or blackberries on top.
For a peanut butter and jelly flavor, add in 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter and 1 tablespoon jelly.
Use white chocolate chips on top. Feel free to mix in macadamia nuts.
How to Serve & Store
Serve baked oats without banana hot and fresh from the oven. They are best served warm immediately.
Top with more chocolate, a touch of flaky sea salt or peanut butter.
Store covered for up to 24 hours. These are best eaten within a day of baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Baked oats can be good for you. Depending on the ingredients, they can be healthy or indulgent.
Use certified gluten free oats.
Baked oats can be made with eggs. This recipe is made without eggs.
Use old fashioned rolled oats for the best texture.
Yes, this recipe is vegan as written with vegan chocolate chips and dairy free milk.
Vitamix Blender: this is my favorite blender for everyday use. It blends the oats well.
10 Ounce Ramekins: these oven safe ramekins are great for baked oats!
You May Also Like
- Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Flourless Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Mug Brownie
- Paleo Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
If you make this baked oats without banana recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Baked Oats Without Banana
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, or oat flour
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, or honey
- pinch cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, optional
- chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large oven safe cup or ramekin with nonstick spray.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the greased cup.
- Add chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until middle looks set but still soft.
- Finally, serve!
- Use old fashioned rolled oats or oat flour. Do not use steel cut oats.
- If gluten free, use certified gluten free oats.
- If no strictly vegan, feel free to use honey instead of maple syrup.
- Any dairy free milk (or regular milk) can be used.
- A little vanilla extract is totally optional.
- Bake until middle is set but still looks a little gooey. Do not over bake.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
Love these healthy baked oats without banana? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!
2 Comments on “Baked Oats Without Banana”
Are you using flavored or unflavored protein powder ? If you only have flavored do you still use it or leave out?
Hi Gemma! I usually use vanilla protein powder or powdered peanut butter. I recommend using a protein powder that you enjoy the flavor of. You could leave it out entirely if needed. Enjoy!