Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Keto)
This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is crispy, hearty and so flavorful! The asparagus is perfectly cooked, the bacon is extra crispy, and the flavor combination is crave worthy. This super easy Keto vegetable side dish comes together in less than 20 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Bacon makes everything better.
- Eating vegetables has never been more fun or more delicious!
- Making bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer makes it extra crispy.
- Using an air fryer basket allows all of the bacon grease to run off.
- Asparagus in the air fryer is significantly easier and quicker than cooking it in an oven or on the grill.
- The bacon to asparagus ratio is spot on!
- Pair with Walnut Crusted Chicken for one delicious dinner. Alternatively, pair with Over Hard Eggs for breakfast!
- This recipe is Whole30 approved, Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free and Low Carb.
Most bacon in grocery stores and butcher shops contains added sugar. Finding a sugar free and Whole30 approved bacon brand can be tricky. Be sure to select bacon that does NOT include any added sugars to keep it compliant. Here are some Whole30 compliant bacon brands:
- Naked Bacon
- Jones Dairy Farm
- U.S. Wellness Meats
In addition to this list, there are some retailers who have their own house brand of sugar free bacon. Costco, Target and Trader Joe’s all sell sugar free bacon.
How To Make
Spray air fryer basket lightly with nonstick spray.
Chop off woody ends of asparagus spears.
Then, slice each piece of bacon in half lengthwise.
Wrap each asparagus spear with slice of bacon. Repeat for remaining spears.
Place in air fryer basket in one layer.
Then, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air fry for 7 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Finally, carefully remove from air fryer and serve.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Use room temperature bacon for best results. Chilled bacon does not bend easily.
- Wrap bacon tightly around asparagus.
- If using an air fryer sheet instead of basket, remove bacon grease before serving.
- Adjust air frying time to your air fryer. I use the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer which is very powerful.
- Depending on size of asparagus and brand of air fryer, the air frying time may need up to 12 minutes.
- This air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus does not reheat well.
- If needing to make ahead of time, slice asparagus, wrap in bacon and store in fridge. Then, just before serving, air fry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Air frying time depends on the size of the asparagus and the brand of air fryer. It usually takes between 7 and 10 minutes to air fry.
Yes! Just a little bit of nonstick spray is needed for air fryers.
Soaking asparagus is not necessary before cooking. Wash and dry asparagus before use.
If using frozen asparagus, thaw before use.
Asparagus is a healthy green vegetable that has many benefits and nutrients! This low calorie and low carb vegetable is high in fiber and folate. Additionally, it is high in vitamins A, C, E and K.
Yes, air fried vegetables are healthy. Air fryer vegetables are a healthy side dish or addition to a meal.
Yes, but turkey bacon doesn’t get quite as crispy. In addition, turkey bacon does not wrap and bend as easily.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more recipes, check out my Whole30 Recipes page and my Side Dishes Recipes page.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Aspargus
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 16 pieces
- 8 slices bacon, room temperature
- nonstick spray
- Air fryer
- First, spray air fryer basket lightly with nonstick spray.
- Chop off the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Then, slice each piece of bacon in half lengthwise (the long way). See photo above for reference.
- Carefully wrap each asparagus tightly with slice of bacon. Place in air fryer basket.
- Continue for each asparagus spear.
- Then, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crispy and asparagus is cooked through.
- Finally, carefully remove from air fryer and serve.
- Use room temperature bacon for best results. Cold bacon does not bend and wrap as easily.
- Slice bacon lengthwise (to make 2 long pieces).
- Wrap bacon tightly around asparagus so it does not come undone while air frying.
- If using an air fryer sheet instead of basket, remove excess bacon grease before serving.
- Each air fryer is different. I use the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer and it is VERY strong!
- Air frying time may take as long as 12 minutes depending on size of asparagus and strength of air fryer.
- This recipe does not reheat well. I suggest making only how much you are going to eat that day.
- If needed, store in fridge and air fry on 390 degrees Fahnrenheit for 2 to 3 minutes to reheat.
- Use sugar free bacon for Keto and Whole30.
Do you love crave worthy side dishes? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!