These healthy Paleo muffins are so soft and fluffy! They have a moist texture and warm cozy flavor. These quick and easy muffins require only 20 minutes and one mixing bowl. They are great for breakfast, afternoon snacks, or even dessert. Kids and picky eaters love them too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Paleo muffins are quick and easy to make.
- Only 20 minutes is needed.
- They are soft and fluffy.
- The almond flour adds nutrients and protein.
- Only one mixing bowl is needed.
- They are great for both kids and adults.
- This recipe is Paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out these Paleo Morning Glory Muffins for another healthy breakfast recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for these Paleo muffins. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
For the olive, use a light tasting oil. Coconut oil and light olive oil are great options. Avocado oil also works well.
Use pure maple syrup to sweeten these grain free muffins. Replace with honey if needed.
Eggs help bind these muffins together. Do not replace the eggs in this specific recipe. For an egg free version, make these Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Vanilla extract adds a homemade flavor.
Use blanched almond flour. Do not use almond meal. I do not recommend another flour for this recipe. Try these Coconut Flour Banana Muffins as well!
Baking soda helps these muffins rise while baking.
Add in a pinch of sea salt to balance out the sweetness.
Finally, use Paleo chocolate chips. Hu Kitchen is a great option.
Taste & Texture
These healthy Paleo muffins are soft and fluffy. They are not dry or dense.
These gluten free dairy free muffins are not overly sweet.
How to Make
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir together.
Then, add in the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to the greased muffin pan. Fill about ¾ of the way to the top.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the tops have puffed up and are no longer raw in the middle.
Finally, remove from the oven. Allow the Paleo muffins to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best Paleo muffins.
Use a light-tasting oil. Extra virgin olive oil has a strong flavor that is detectable in these muffins. I recommend melted coconut oil, avocado oil, or light olive oil.
Use blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
Do not bake too long. These muffins should look a little soft, but not gooey.
How to Serve & Store
Serve these Paleo chocolate chip muffins once cool enough to handle.
Serve with a glass of almond milk, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If needed, freeze for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
These muffins are soft and fluffy.
No. Do not substitute for the almond flour.
Yes, these muffins freeze and reheat well. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw before eating.
The Paleo diet is a lifestyle that mimics the eating habits of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. It focuses on whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, eggs, nuts, and seeds, while avoiding processed foods, grains, and dairy.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These are great mixing bowls for baking.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: Use these measuring cups to measure out the ingredients.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
If you make this Paleo muffin recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! Check out these Breakfast Recipes for more great ideas.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Muffins
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heavily spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir together.
- Then, add in the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the greased muffin pan. Fill about ¾ of the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the tops have puffed up and no longer raw in the middle.
- Finally, remove from the oven. Allow the Paleo muffins to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Use blanched almond flour, not almond meal.
- Use melted coconut oil or light flavored olive oil.
- Do not bake too long. They will be a little soft after baking.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
Love these Paleo muffins? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!