This Keto bread is soft, fluffy, and absolutely delicious! It is cozy, warm, and fresh. This soft and fluffy keto bread tastes delicious and has the perfect texture. In addition, it is quick and easy to make while only using six main ingredients. This loaf is perfect for sandwiches, toast, grilled cheese, and so much more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is the best keto bread!
- It is naturally gluten free and made without grains.
- This bread is low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
- Plus, it is packed with protein and fiber.
- This loaf is easy to make and no equipment is required other than an oven.
- It uses only a handful of ingredients that are mostly pantry staples.
- It is light and fluffy. This loaf tastes great and has the same texture as regular bread.
- Use this recipe for keto bread for toast, sandwiches, grilled cheese, as a side to your main dishes, and more.
- I make this for sandwiches and toast! It tastes well and becomes crispy.
- Only 3 net carbs per serving. These Keto Pancakes are great for breakfast too.
- Great to make ahead for meal preparations and easily stored for later!
- This recipe for keto bread is Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out this Paleo Bread or this Gluten Free Bread for another delicious recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for low carb bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and instructions.
Use super fine, blanched almond flour for this recipe. Almond flour is great for this recipe. It is low-carb, packed with nutrients, and has a slightly sweeter taste than regular flour.
Eggs are an important binding ingredient for this recipe. Do not substitute with chia eggs, flax eggs, or vegan eggs.
Add coconut flour to improve the texture of your bread.
Flaxseed is a gluten free way to give dough stickiness and structure.
Use refined coconut oil or unsalted butter for this recipe. Unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor.
Baking powder helps the bread rise. Do not substitute it with baking soda, as they are very different.
Salt enhances and balances the flavor of the keto bread. Only a pinch is needed!
Top it with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or other keto-friendly seeds before baking.
What is Keto Bread?
Keto bread is a type of bread that is low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats, making it perfect for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet.
It is made using almond flour, coconut flour, and flaxseed meal, and often includes ingredients like eggs, butter, and various keto-friendly seeds.
This bread provides a similar taste and texture to regular bread but with a significantly reduced carbohydrate content.
Taste & Texture
Keto bread has a mild and slightly nutty flavor due to the use of almond flour.
The texture of this bread tends to be denser and more moist than traditional wheat-based bread. It can still be enjoyed the same way, like sandwiches or toast.
Keto Baking Tips
Do not overmix the batter. Instead, simply fold in the ingredients until there are no chunks left and they are well combined.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment to beat the eggs well.
Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes to give enough time for the coconut flour and flaxseed to absorb the moisture.
Do not underbake keto bread. It takes a longer time to cook the center of the bread, and if you remove it too soon from the oven, the center will sink and become wet and gummy.
In addition, do not overbake the bread.
How to Make
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until well blended. Add the melted coconut oil or butter and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth and well combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
Transfer the bread batter to the lined loaf pan and spread it into an even layer.
If desired, sprinkle the top of the bread with sesame seeds or poppy seeds for added flavor and texture.
Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove the keto bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Lastly, once the bread has cooled, slice it into desired thickness and serve.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For the best results, make this recipe exactly as written.
Do not replace the flour. Almond flour and coconut flour are both needed.
Allow the bread batter to sit for 5 minutes after mixing. This allows the coconut flour and flaxseed to soak up the liquid.
Do not bake too long. Once a toothpick inserted comes out clean, remove the bread from the oven.
Slice into the bread once fully cooled.
Different Ways to Use Bread
This is the best keto bread for your keto and low-carb diet. Have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as an afternoon snack!
Toast it and pair it with butter, cheese, avocado, or your favorite spread. Better yet, dip it in an egg and cinnamon mixture to make keto French toast!
Make a sandwich and assemble it with lettuce, mayonnaise, roast beef, or turkey. Or, make a grilled cheese sandwich.
Use it as a side to salads, low-carb pasta, soup, main dishes and so much more.
How to Serve & Store
Keto bread is best stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Wrap it in parchment paper and then place it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for longer.
When refrigerating, do not slice the loaf all at once, rather, slice it only before serving.
Do not store it directly in a plastic container as the bread will become moist.
When freezing, slice it first so that you do not need to thaw the whole loaf.
Again, wrap it in parchment paper and then store it in a freezer-safe container.
Grab a slice and heat it in the toaster or oven when you need it. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bread naturally contains refined wheat, which contains high content of carbohydrates. If you are on a keto or low-carb diet, you might prefer eating alternatives such as this keto bread recipe, Ezekiel bread, or cloud bread.
Yes. Since it has low carb and low sugar content and is packed with fiber and healthy fats, it is much healthier for you than regular wheat bread. This bread can help you control your blood sugar levels and improve your overall heart health.
Keto bread is typically made of almond flour, coconut flour, butter, eggs, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
Yes, there are several brands that sell keto bread in major grocery stores such as Sola Keto, Arnold, and Keto Culture. However, it is important to check the labels for ingredients and the actual net carbs that they contain.
No. If you are on a keto diet, it is important to use almond flour in this recipe. Almond flour contains higher calories and lower carbs, and it is an excellent source of healthy fats. Plus, it is gluten-free.
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten free. Almond flour, coconut flour, and ground flaxseed contain no gluten.
Hand Mixer: This hand mixer is great for mixing the eggs.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: I love this stand mixer for all things baking!
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: Line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These are great mixing bowls for baking. They clean easily too.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: Measure out the ingredients in these glass cups.
You May Also Like
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Keto Waffles
- Keto Banana Bread
- Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread
If you make this homemade low-carb bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Keto Bread
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until well blended. Add the melted coconut oil or butter to the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth and well combined. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour and flaxseed to absorb the moisture.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- If desired, sprinkle the top of the bread with sesame seeds or poppy seeds for added flavor and texture.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the keto bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Lastly, once the bread has cooled, slice it into desired thickness and serve.
- Do not substitute for the flour. Both almond flour and coconut flour are very important.
- Allow the bread batter to rest for 5 minutes. This allows the coconut flour and flaxseed to soak up the moisture.
- If desired, add sesame seeds or poppy seeds to the top of the bread before baking.
- This bread is done baking when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to fully cool before slicing and serving.
Love this healthy keto bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!