Flourless Pumpkin Muffins (Paleo)
These flourless pumpkin muffins are incredibly soft, fluffy and flavorful! They are made completely in a blender so they are super quick and easy. These Paleo muffins are bursting with pumpkin flavor and dark chocolate chips. They are great for a grab and go breakfast, afternoon snack, or even dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These flourless pumpkin muffins are soft and fluffy!
- Since they are made without flour, they are so moist.
- They are also made without oil and without dairy.
- Check out these Flourless Oatmeal Cookies for another fun recipe.
- The pumpkin and chocolate combination is crave worthy!
- These muffins are made in a blender so they are super quick and easy.
- This recipe is Paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These blender pumpkin muffins use almond butter as opposed to flour. Flourless muffins are very moist and fudge-like. When choosing an almond butter, look for one that only contains almonds and salt. Any added oils or sugars will change the consistency of the muffins.
Use pumpkin purée, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
A common Paleo sweetener, pure maple syrup adds the perfect amount of sweetness to these Pumpkin Muffins!
Pumpkin and chocolate are a killer combo. Always add chocolate!
Eggs are vital to these flourless muffins. Do not replace eggs with chia eggs, flax eggs or another egg replacement.
Baking soda helps these muffins rise slightly while baking.
Cinnamon adds such a warm and cozy flavor to these muffins.
Pumpkin pie spice adds a unique and delicious flavor! If you don’t have it, substitute an equal amount of cinnamon in.
A pinch of nutmeg goes a long way!
How To Make
To make these Flourless Paleo Pumpkin Muffins, first preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tray with liners.
Next, add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and blend until mixed.
Fold in chocolate chips and reserve some for garnish.
Fill muffin liners almost to the top. Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool in the muffin tray for 5 minutes before carefully removing.
Expert Tips & Tricks
FULLY BLEND: Blend or mix until batter is completely uniform. If almond butter is thick, there might be clumps of almond batter in the batter. Blend until fully mixed!
EXTRA CHOCOLATE CHIPS: The pumpkin and chocolate combo is truly amazing. Don’t skimp on these!
DON’T OVER BAKE: Bake until muffins are set. Over baking will lead to dry muffins.
How to Serve & Store
Serve muffins once they have cooled slightly from the oven. They’re absolutely delicious warm with the melted chocolate chips inside!
Store muffins in fridge for best results. Since they are flourless, they are more gooey and moist than normal.
These muffins can be frozen for up to 1 month.
It does not get any easier than making muffins in a blender!
For these flourless blender muffins, add all the ingredients except chocolate chips to your blender, food processor or Vitamix. Blend until muffin batter is uniformly mixed.
Since there is quite a bit of nut butter, stop blender and scrape down sides with a rubber spatula if needed.
I used my Vitamix and the batter was mixed in about 10 seconds.
Variations & Add Ins
These flourless pumpkin muffins are delicious as is! Here are some fun ideas for flavor variations. Add in:
- white chocolate chips
- pinch of ground ginger
- chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- dried cranberries
Frequently Asked Questions
These muffins are made with healthy ingredients!
No, these muffins really need the eggs.
Use an all natural creamy nut butter. I suggest almond butter or cashew butter since they are more mild than peanut butter.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Flourless Pumpkin Muffins (Paleo)
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Then, add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a blender and blend until fully incorporated.
- Next, fold in chocolate chops. Reserve some chocolate chips for garnish.
- Pour batter into each muffin liner, almost to the top.
- Garnish with extra chocolate chips on top.
- Then, bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Use canned pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Any creamy nut butter will work. Peanut butter is a little strong in flavor, so I recommend cashew butter or almond butter.
- Use all natural nut butter made with only nuts and salt.
- Store muffins in airtight container for 3 days at room temperature or 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
- These muffins can be frozen.
Love these flourless pumpkin muffins? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!