Air Fryer Lamb Chops
These air fryer lamb chops are incredibly tender and flavorful! They take less than 15 minutes from start to finish. These Australian lamb loin chops in the air fryer are an easy, healthy and delicious meal!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These air fryer lamb chops are so quick and easy to make.
- A simple marinade really elevates the flavor of the lamb without overpowering it.
- The lamb chops are juicy and filled with flavor.
- They do not dry out at all.
- The air fryer makes them significantly quicker and easier than using an oven or grill.
- Australian lamb chops feel gourmet and fancy but they are super easy.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, Keto, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free.
- Check out this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak or this Air Fryer Filet Mignon for another great air fried protein!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for air fryer lamb chops. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Choose high quality lamb chops for the most flavorful results. Australian lamb is a great option because it is free range and naturally fed. This yields a much more tender cut of meat. I find Australian lamb at my local grocery store.
Extra virgin olive oil coats the lamb before air frying. This helps keep the lamb chops tender and flavorful. Lightly flavored olive oil can also be used if needed.
Fresh minced garlic adds a great garlicky flavor. It has a much stronger flavor than garlic powder, but garlic powder can be used if need be.
Fresh basil and oregano add a nice pop of freshness. While dried basil can be used, fresh basil adds a great flavor.
Feel free to adjust salt and pepper to your taste. Lamb is naturally flavorful and does not need a lot of spices and seasonings.
Garnish with fresh thyme for a hint of flavor and color.
These photos show the lamb chops over Whole30 mashed potatoes. For a lower carb version, serve over mashed cauliflower.
A simple marinade adds a great depth of flavor to these air fryer lamb chops. The combination of olive oil and herbs is simple enough to not overpower the natural flavor of the lamb.
There are two options with this marinade.
The first option is to mix up the marinade, add it to a Ziplock bag and coat the lamb chops in it. Then, immediately air fry. This is great if you are in a time crunch! The lamb will still have a great flavor.
The second option is to refrigerate the Ziplock bag with marinade and lamb chops for up to 24 hours. This will enhance the flavor even more. Even an hour or 2 will yield a great result.
Choosing Your Lamb Chops
When choosing lamb chops, here are a few things to look for.
Choose lamb chops that are light red in color. Brown lamb chops are probably expired and therefore not safe to eat.
Look for light white marbling throughout. This is healthy fat that gives the lamb its flavor.
Grass fed, free range lamb has the most natural and tender flavor. Australian lamb is the #1 source of quality lamb in the United States. Lamb from Down Under is a product of its natural environment, which comes through in its tender texture.
How to Make
First, add all ingredients except fresh thyme to large Ziplock bag. Shake the bag until lamb chops are completely coated in olive oil and herbs.
At this point, either preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit to immediately air fry OR place Ziplock bag in fridge to marinate for up to 24 hours.
Once air fryer has preheated, place lamb chops in air fryer basket or on air fryer pan.
Air fry for 7 to 10 minutes. After 7 minutes, use meat thermometer to check internal temperature of meat and add more time if needed.
Lastly, once meat has reached desired temperature, remove from air fryer.
Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving and slicing into.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use high quality, fresh lamb chops. As mentioned above, Australian lamb chops are so tender and flavorful.
Marinate lamb chops for up to 24 hours for the most flavor.
Depending on thickness of lamb and brand of air fryer, adjust time accordingly. My air fryer lamb chops were almost 1 inch thick and I used my Ninja Foodi indoor grill with air crisp setting. Mine were medium rare at 7 minutes.
For best results, use a meat thermometer.
Allow lamb chops to rest for 5 minutes after air frying. This locks in the juices and flavors.
Temperature of Lamb
Use a meat thermometer to measure internal temperature of the lamb.
Lamb chops are rare at 120°F, they are medium rare at 125°F, medium at 130°F, and well done at 145°F or higher.
What to Serve with Lamb Chops
Serve Australian air fryer lamb chops with your desired side dishes. Here are some great side dishes that pair well with lamb chops.
- Whole30 French Fries
- Kale Crunch Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus
- Greens Beans and Potatoes
- Lamb Lollipops
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking the lamb chops at 400 degrees Fahrenheit gives it a nice sear on the outside while remaining tender on the inside.
These air fryer lamb chops take only 7 minutes for medium rare.
Use a meat thermometer to measure the temperature of the meat.
I use the Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill with air crisp setting.
Lamb is hearty, savory and robust. Cheaper cuts of lamb taste gamey.
You May Also Like
If you make this Australian air fryer lamb chops recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- First, add all ingredients except fresh thyme to large Ziplock bag. Shake bag until lamb chops are completely coated in olive oil and seasonings.
- At this point, either preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit to immediately air fry OR place Ziplock bag in fridge for up to 24 hours to marinate.
- Once air fryer has preheated, arrange lamb chops in air fryer basket or on air fryer pan.
- Air fry for 7 to 10 minutes. After 7 minutes, use meat thermometer to check internal temperature of meat and add more air frying time if needed.
- Finally, once meat has reached desired temperature, remove from air fryer.
- Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving and slicing into.
- Garnish with fresh thyme if desired.
- I used Australian lamb loin chops with bone in. They were about 1 inch thick.
- Either air fry immediately after coating lamb chops in oil and herbs or marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Depending on thickness of lamb chops and air fryer brand, cooking time may need to be added.
- Use a meat thermometer to determine how cooked the lamb is.
- Lamb chops are rare at 120°F, they are medium rare at 125°F, medium at 130°F, and well done at 145°F or higher.
- Allow lamb to rest after air frying to lock in the flavors and juices.
- As pictured, they are served over Whole30 Mashed Potatoes and garnished with fresh thyme.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Love these air fryer lamb chops? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!