3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
These 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls take only 5 minutes! They are great for a quick and easy bite. These on the go bites are healthy, delicious and tasty.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls are so quick and easy.
- They take only 5 minutes to make.
- Feel free to add chocolate chips for a healthy sweet treat!
- They are easy, healthy and delicious.
- Feel free to use any nut butter.
- Use SunButter for a nut free version.
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and Vegan.
- Check out these Paleo Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Balls for another delicious dessert.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Pure maple syrup adds a great natural sweetness and helps bind the bites together. Honey and date syrup can be used instead if needed.
Use creamy all natural peanut butter that contains only peanuts and salt. It will yield perfectly gooey and chewy oatmeal balls. For nut free, use SunButter. Any creamy nut butter can be used.
Old fashioned rolled oats provide a much softer and slightly more chewy texture than quick oats. For that reason, I highly recommend rolled oats. Quick oats can be used, but the texture will be different. Use gluten free oats for gluten free.
Taste & Texture
These 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls taste mostly like peanut butter! They are slightly sweet, but not quite as sweet as a chocolate covered peanut butter ball.
The texture is soft, a little gooey, and slightly chewy.
How to Make
First, add maple syrup and peanut butter to a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
Next, stir in rolled oats until completely combined.
Use cookie scoop or hands to into balls. Place on parchment lined plate or pan.
Finally, serve immediately or store in fridge until needed.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use natural creamy nut butter. Added oils and sugars will yield a thicker, more dry result.
Use old fashioned rolled oats for the best texture.
If mixture is too dry, add slightly more maple syrup.
If mixture is too wet, add slightly more oats.
Variations & Add Ins
These 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls are great as is, but consider these add ins.
Mini chocolate chips
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Two different types of nut butter
Peanut butter chocolate chips
How to Serve & Store
Serve these 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls immediately after making them! They are perfect for a grab and go snack.
For a sweeter treat, coat them in melted dark chocolate. They are insanely delicious!
They can also be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freeze for up to 2 months if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a creamy all natural peanut butter. It should be made from only peanuts and salt.
Old fashioned rolled oats are best for this recipe.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature or in the fridge.
These ones are!
Yes, freeze for up to 2 months.
Sure, use SunButter.
You May Also Like
If you make this 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Snack Recipes.
Get the Recipe: 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- First, add maple syrup and peanut butter to a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Next, stir in rolled oats until completely combined.
- Use cookie scoop or hands to into balls. Place on parchment lined plate or pan.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until needed.
- Pure maple syrup, honey, and date syrup can all be used.
- Use all natural creamy peanut butter. It should be made with only peanuts and sea salt. Added oils will yield much more dry, thick oatmeal balls.
- Use gluten free oats for gluten free.
- Quick oats may be used, but the balls may not hold together as well.
- Any nut butter can be used.
- Store at room temperature or in fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for up to 2 months if desired.
Love these 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!