Paleo Maple Pecan Cookies
I am blown away by how much I love these Paleo Maple Pecan cookies. With plenty of recipe testing and baking, I have good self control when it comes to eating the baked goods. I had zero control when eating these; they’re that good! The edges are crispy and golden while the middles are soft and chewy. The maple cream adds a strong maple flavor throughout while the pecans add a pop of crunch. I based these cookies off my favorite Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies and I couldn’t be happier with the result!
How to Make
First, add ghee, coconut oil, and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Then, add remaining ingredients except chopped pecans and mix to combine.
Finally, stir in chopped pecans.
Place a piece of aluminum foil over the mixing bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop dough. Roll dough into balls 1.5 inches in diameter.
Place dough on baking sheet at least 2 inches away from each other.
Bake for 10 minutes total; after the first 5 minutes, remove pan from oven and gently press down on each cookie, leaving them about 1/2 inch thick.
Return to oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan before removing to a wire rack.
How to Make Maple Glaze
To make the maple glaze, add the ingredients to a small microwave safe dish.
Microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir between each until fully melted.
Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Glaze will harden as it sits at room temperature. Sprinkle cookies with additional chopped pecans if desired.
These are my favorite non chocolate cookies! The maple pecan combination is tough to beat. After making these cookies, store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for up to 4 days. I promise they won’t last that long anyway! My Gluten Free Flours and Gluten Free Baking post has all the info you need about how to make the best gluten free cookies!
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Paleo Maple Pecan Cookies
- First, add ghee, coconut oil, and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid. Once combined, add all remaining ingredients except pecans.
- Once mixed, fold in chopped pecans.
- Add dough to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 20 minutes. Alternatively, cover mixing bowl with foil and place in fridge.
- When it’s time to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, use a cookie scoop to scoop dough. Use your hands to roll dough into balls that are 1.5 inches in diameter. Place balls of dough at least 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Next, bake for 10 minutes total; after 5 minutes, carefully remove cookies from oven and using your fingers, gently press down on each cookie. Cookies should still be 1/2 inch thick. After, place back in oven and cook for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool for 3 minutes on pan before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the glaze, combine ingredients in a small microwave safe dish. Microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir between each. Microwave until melted.
- Lastly, drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Glaze will harden after sitting at room temperature.
- These cookies do not spread much while baking.
- I highly recommend taking them out of the oven after 5 minutes and gently pressing down on each cookie, as written in the recipe.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- The glaze is optional but highly recommended.