Get the Recipe:
Keto Turkey Burgers (Whole30, Paleo)
These Keto Turkey Burgers are easy, hearty, and flavorful. The ground turkey is savory, juicy, and healthy. These Whole30 approved turkey burgers are topped with caramelized onions and garlic aioli!
First, make caramelized onions. Add sliced onions and butter to large skillet over medium heat.
Cook on medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to low and continue cooking for 40 minutes or until onions are soft and golden brown. Stir every few minutes to prevent burning.
Meanwhile, form ground turkey into 4 equal sized burgers. Season on both sides with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt.
In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
Once oil is hot, place turkey burgers in skillet.
Cook burgers for 5 minutes. Then flip and cook another 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove from skillet. Make garlic aioli and set aside.
Assemble burgers. Place turkey burger on iceberg lettuce. Top burger with a layer of garlic aioli and caramelized onions. Place iceberg lettuce on top if desired.
- Be patient with caramelized onions. Low and slow is the best way to cook them.
- Stir onions every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Burgers can be grilled if desired.
- Turkey burgers are done cooking when their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Feel free to use your favorite sauce or condiment. See the Whole30 Garlic Aioli recipe.
- If making ahead of time, store burgers, aioli, and caramelized onions separately. Then assemble before eating.
- Nutritional facts do not include aioli.
Calories: 257kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Sodium: 135mg, Potassium: 425mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 292IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 20mg, Iron: 1mg