Get the Recipe:
Whole30 Pork Chops with Garlic Ghee Sauce
These Whole30 Pork Chops are smothered in a garlic ghee sauce! They are tender, flavorful and hearty. These pork chops are anything but boring and dry. They are melt in your mouth delicious!
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Add olive oil to a large cast iron or oven safe skillet. Once oil is hot, place pork chops in skillet. Sear for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat on each side.
Then, remove from heat. Place skillet in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove skillet from oven.
Meanwhile, melt ghee in a small microwave safe dish. Stir in olive oil and minced garlic. Spoon this sauce over each pork chop.
Finally, garnish with chopped basil if desired.
- Pat pork chops dry before seasoning and searing.
- Sear each pork chop for 4 to 5 minutes on medium on each side before flipping. This helps get a nice sear on each side.
- Pork is done when it reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. I let mine cook until well done, or around 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- My pork chops took about 20 minutes in the oven, but this will vary depending on the pork chop thickness.
- Use boneless thin cut (about 1 inch thick) pork chops for best results.
- If using bone in, cooking time will increase.
Calories: 346kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 355mg, Potassium: 506mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 7IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 12mg, Iron: 1mg