Get the Recipe:
Coconut Flour Oatmeal Cookies
These Coconut Flour Oatmeal Cookies are thick, chewy and chocolaty! They have the best crunchy exterior and soft middle. These gluten free oatmeal cookies are such a fun dessert!
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat sugar and butter for 1 minute.
Then, add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
Add in coconut flour, baking soda and oats. Stir to combine.
Then, fold in chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop rounded balls of dough onto baking sheet. Place cookies at least 2 inches away from each other on pan.
Bake for 7 minutes. Then remove pan from oven. Gently bang pan on countertop 2 to 3 times to remove any air bubbles from cookies.
Return pan to oven. Bake another 3 to 5 minutes or until cookies look just set in the middle.
Remove pan from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes. Then, carefully remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Use maple sugar for Paleo, otherwise use white sugar.
- Room temperature coconut oil (slightly soft but not melted) can replace butter if necessary.
- If you prefer almond flour, see these Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies.
- Old fashioned rolled oats are best for this recipe since they are larger than steel cut oats.
- I do NOT recommend using steel cut oats. They are too tough and crunchy.
- Cookie dough will be pretty thick.
- Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop dough. Make all the cookies roughly the same size for even baking.
- Banging the pan on the countertop helps get out any air bubbles and allows the cookies to spread a little more.
- Bake until cookies are just barely set in the middle. They will continue to firm up at room temperature.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Calories: 274kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 193mg, Potassium: 157mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 277IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 59mg, Iron: 1mg