Get the Recipe:
Olive Oil Cookies
These olive oil cookies have a unique and delicious flavor! They are made with olive oil and without butter. These olive oil chocolate chip cookies are a fun twist on the classic cookies!
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add olive oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until combined.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Fold in chocolate chips. The dough will be a little crumbly and oily.
Use hands to roll dough into 1 ½ inch sized balls. Your hands will get slightly oily. Use your hands to squish dough into compact balls of dough.
Place balls of dough at least 2 inches apart on pan. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until cookies look barely set in the middle.
Finally, remove cookies from oven.
Allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Either extra virgin olive oil or light flavored olive oil can be used. For a more robust flavor, use extra virgin. For a more mild flavor, use light flavored.
- Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work in this recipe.
- The cookie dough will be slightly crumbly and oily. It is important to use your hands to form the balls of dough instead of a cookie scoop. Use hands to make compact dough balls.
- Bake until cookies look just barely set in the middle. Do not over bake!
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Calories: 264kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 59mg, Potassium: 28mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 6IU, Calcium: 10mg, Iron: 1mg