Get the Recipe:
Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
This Oat Milk Hot Chocolate is warm, cozy, creamy and so chocolaty! This homemade hot chocolate with oat milk is easy to make. It has only a few healthy ingredients and taste so rich and decadent!
First, pour oat milk into a pot over low medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until oat milk is lightly bubbling. Do not let it come to a boil.
Once you see the bubbles forming, stir in cocoa powder, maple syrup and cinnamon. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.
Carefully pour hot chocolate into mugs. Garnish with marshmallows if desired.
- I used unsweetened vanilla oat milk, but any oat milk will work. If using sweetened, consider reducing the amount of maple syrup.
- Dark cocoa powder gave this hot chocolate an extra decadent taste, but feel free to use regular cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- Dandies makes great gluten free and Vegan marshmallows!
- Do not let milk come to a boil.
- Continue cooking until mixture has reached desired temperature.
Calories: 207kcal, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 117mg, Potassium: 327mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 31g, Vitamin A: 492IU, Calcium: 381mg, Iron: 3mg