Get the Recipe:
Vegan Lemon Cookies
These Vegan Lemon Cookies are thick, chewy and perfectly flavored! The lemon flavor adds a hint of sweetness and tartness. These gluten free lemon cookies are easy and so tasty!
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Add coconut oil to a microwave bowl and microwave for 7 seconds. Just enough to soften it.
Add coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract to stand mixer. Beat for 1 minute or until no clumps of coconut oil remain.
Add almond milk and applesauce to mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Then, add all remaining ingredients. Stir until a thick dough forms.
Use cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto lined baking pan. Garnish the tops of each ball with some extra lemon zest if desired.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until middles of cookies are set.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on pan. Then carefully move cookies to a cooling rack.
- Coconut oil should be lightly softened but not melted. I have found that microwaving it for 7 to 8 seconds works well.
- Beat coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla until completely mixed and no clumps of coconut oil remain.
- Balls of dough should be about 1 inch to 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Bake until middles of cookies are just set. The edges will be a very light golden.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Calories: 162kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 98mg, Potassium: 35mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 1IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 16mg, Iron: 1mg