Get the Recipe:
These Matcha Brownies are easy to make and have such a unique flavor! The white chocolate and matcha balance each other out perfectly. These brownies are soft, fluffy and fun!
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahreheit. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Once melted, add in white chocolate chips. Stir until white chocolate chips are completed melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
In a stand mixer, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract for 2 to 3 minutes.
Then, add in melted white chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
Add in gluten free flour and matcha powder. Stir until a thick batter forms.
Pour batter into lined pan.
Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove pan from oven and bang on countertop 2 to 3 times.
Return pan to oven for 8 to 10 minutes or middle is set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow brownies to cool for at least an hour before slicing and serving.
- Stir white chocolate chips and butter until white chocolate chips are completely melted. This is key!
- Beat the sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and frothy. This helps create the crinkly top on the brownies.
- This brownie batter should be pretty thick, thicker than a cake batter.
- Removing the brownies halfway through baking to bang on countertop releases any air bubbles and yields more fudge like brownies.
- Bake until middle is just set. Do not over bake!
- Store brownies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Calories: 194kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 37mg, Sodium: 65mg, Potassium: 39mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 302IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 20mg, Iron: 1mg