Get the Recipe:
Coconut Milk Pasta Sauce (Vegan)
This super creamy coconut milk pasta sauce is packed with flavor! It instantly elevates any pasta dish. This Vegan pasta sauce is incredibly rich, flavorful, and super easy to make!
First, cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, chopped onion, minced garlic and red pepper flakes.
Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until onions have softened, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Then, add in pasta sauce and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
Simmer on medium until sauce has thickened to desired consistency. Mine took about 5 minutes to thicken.
Finally, drain pasta and stir in sauce. Serve!
- Use any pasta! I used a gluten free Rigatoni.
- Stir or shake canned coconut milk before use since it naturally separates. It is usually sold in the Asian aisle at grocery stores.
- The longer the sauce simmers, the thicker it will become.
- The pasta sauce I used contains basil. If yours does not, feel free to add in basil to the sauce.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 715kcal, Carbohydrates: 97g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Sodium: 671mg, Potassium: 924mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 679IU, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 70mg, Iron: 6mg