Get the Recipe:
Whole30 Creamy Chicken Soup (AIP)
This Whole30 approved Creamy Chicken Soup is healthy comfort food! This healing soup is creamy, cozy and warm. It is AIP and great for meal prep and leftovers!
First, cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Rub thyme and rosemary all over chicken.
Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Add in chicken, carrots, onion, celery and spinach.
Secure lid on Instant Pot. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, allow pot to sit for 10 minutes. Then, carefully push top valve to Vent and manually release pressure.
Once pressure is released, take off lid. Press Cancel. Then press Sauté. Stir in canned coconut milk.
Carefully remove about 2 tablespoons of the liquid in the pot. Add this liquid to a small bowl and stir in tapioca flour.
Pour this mixture back into the pot. Stir to combine. Allow soup to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
Finally, turn off pot. Ladle into bowls and serve!
- If using frozen chicken, let it thaw enough so that it can be chopped into 1 inch pieces. The cooking time will not change.
- When dealing with Instant Pot, always use an oven mitt and be careful to not burn yourself.
- Use canned coconut milk, not coconut cream.
- When mixing liquid with tapioca flour, mix completely. This will be a milky creamy substance. See photo above for reference.
- Allow soup to simmer on Sauté mode until desired thickness is reached.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- This soup freezes and reheats well.
- See above for stovetop and slow cooker instructions.
Calories: 366kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 1023mg, Potassium: 1039mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 6211IU, Vitamin C: 24mg, Calcium: 72mg, Iron: 5mg