Get the Recipe:
Cassava Flour Cookies (Nut Free & Paleo)
These Cassava Flour Cookies are thick, chewy and so easy to make! The golden crispy edges and soft middle will leave you wanting more. These are hands down the best gluten free cookies I've ever had!
In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together butter and coconut sugar for 1 minute.
Once a crumbly dough forms, add in egg. Mix until combined.
Then, sift in cassava flour. Stir to combine. Add in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
Once a dough is formed, fold in chocolate chips.
At this point, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place on parchment paper and lightly flatten each ball of dough. See photo above. Repeat for all dough.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just barely browned. They will look a little under baked.
Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Then, carefully remove cookies and serve.
- Ghee or butter will work in this recipe. Use room temperature ghee or butter; do not melt.
- If desired, coconut sugar can be replaced with ½ cup of white sugar and ½ cup of brown sugar.
- I have not tested this recipe without the egg.
- After folding in chocolate chips, dough will seem more crumbly and thick than usual. This is normal! The refrigeration step is mandatory and will help bind the dough together.
- With that said, do NOT skip the refrigeration step.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form 1 ½ inch balls of dough. Then, slightly flatten with your hands. See photo above for reference.
- These cookies barely spread while baking.
- Remove cookies from oven when they turn slightly brown. They will look under baked, but it is VERY important to not over bake them.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes on pan before eating.
Calories: 160kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 146mg, Potassium: 93mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 14g, Vitamin A: 37IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 66mg, Iron: 1mg