Get the Recipe:
Cajun Smothered Pork Chops (Whole30 & Paleo)
These Cajun Smothered Pork Chops are bursting with bold flavors! The pork is incredibly tender and perfectly seasoned. The peppers, onions, and sauce add the right amount of kick!
First, season both sides of pork chops liberally with Cajun seasoning.
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is heated, place pork chops in skillet.
Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes. Remove pork to a plate.
Next, add in onions and peppers to the same skillet.
Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low or until vegetables begin to soften.
Add pork chops back into skillet. Add minced garlic, coconut aminos and water into skillet.
Then, turn heat to medium high and bring mixture to a light boil.
Once boiling, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened and pork is cooked through.
Finally, remove from heat and garnish with green onions if desired.
- This is my recipe for Gluten Free Cajun seasoning.
- Coconut aminos can be replaced with gluten free soy sauce for a non Whole30 and Paleo option.
- If using bone in pork chops, cooking time will increase. Pork is done when its internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For a thicker sauce, mix 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (or cornstarch) and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Pour this into skillet while pork is simmering.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, add pork chops and sauce to skillet over low heat. Cook until warmed through.
Calories: 332kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 527mg, Potassium: 771mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 3983IU, Vitamin C: 42mg, Calcium: 42mg, Iron: 2mg