Get the Recipe:
Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies (Vegan)
These Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies are incredibly easy and so fun! They are a shortbread cookie filled with jam. These Vegan thumbprint cookies are easy, healthy and delicious!
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except jam. Stir to combine.
Once a dough forms, use hands to roll dough into 12 equal sized balls. Balls of dough will be about 1 inch in diameter.
Use your thumb or the back of a teaspoon to lightly press down in the middle of each ball of dough.
Next, scoop a small amount (about a teaspoon) of jam into the center of each cookie. Fill almost to the top.
Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until cookies have turned slightly godlen.
Then, remove from oven and cool on baking sheet. After 3 minutes, remove cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Once cooled, feel free to add more jam into the center of each cookie as desired.
- If dough is too sticky or runny, add more almond flour 1 tablespoon at a time until dough is workable.
- For a non Vegan option, replace melted coconut oil with melted butter or ghee.
- Fill jam almost to the tops of cookies before baking. Overfilling them will lead to a delicious but messy explosion.
- Honey can replace maple syrup for a non Vegan option.
- if cookies "crack" along the edges (as seen above), just wet your finger and repair them before baking.
- I recommend my raspberry jelly for these cookies!
Calories: 177kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 48mg, Potassium: 18mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1mg