Get the Recipe:
Whole30 Pulled Pork Instant Pot (Paleo)
This Whole30 Pulled Pork is easy, hearty and so tender. It is fall off the bone delicious! Pulled pork is so versatile and can be used in many ways. This is a recipe your whole family will love!
First, turn Instant Pot to sauté mode and set timer to 8 minutes.
Then, add olive oil and pork to the pot.
Sear on one side for 4 minutes. Then flip and sear another 4 minutes.
Press cancel. Add in all remaining ingredients except BBQ sauce.
Secure lid. Select pressure cook and set timer to 60 minutes.
Instant Pot usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to build pressure.
Once timer goes off, let natural release for 10 minutes. Then, use oven mitt to carefully move valve over to Vent.
Release the rest of the pressure.
Open lid carefully with oven mitts and discard all but ¼ cup of the liquid inside pot.
Using two forks, shred pork and mix in BBQ sauce.
- For Whole30, use a Whole30 BBQ sauce. My two favorites are Primal Kitchen Foods and The New Primal.
- Searing the pork on both sides is optional, but gives the pork some nice color and texture.
- Chicken broth can be replaced with beef broth or even water if needed.
- Pork is done when it is easily pulled apart with two forks.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 320kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 498mg, Potassium: 715mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 66IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 39mg, Iron: 2mg