Get the Recipe:
Paleo Banana Bread
This paleo banana bread is light and fluffy and filled with dark chocolate chips. It's lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and ripe bananas. It's a great healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas and add in eggs, almond butter, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
Next, add in coconut sugar, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt.
Once combined, add in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into lined bread pan. Then, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Let bread cool completely before slicing and serving, about 2 hours.
- Use ripe bananas for best results.
- Creamy almond butter will yield a more moist banana bread.
- Use a nut butter made from only nuts and salt. Do not use chunky nut butter or one made with added sugars or oils.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake!
- Completely cool before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- This bread freezes well!
Calories: 408kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 333mg, Potassium: 396mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 14g, Vitamin A: 109IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 174mg, Iron: 2mg