Get the Recipe:
Pumpkin Banana Muffins
These easy and healthy pumpkin banana muffins are so soft and fluffy! They are so quick and easy and perfect for breakfast. These gluten free dairy free muffins are easy, healthy and so delicious!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
First, add mashed banana, pumpkin purée, eggs, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Fold in dark chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cavities about ¾ full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes in pan before carefully inserting a knife around the edges of each muffin and popping them out.
- About 2 average sized bananas will yield 1 cup of mashed bananas.
- Use ripe bananas for best results.
- Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Each muffin cavity should be about ¾ full. These muffins do rise while baking.
- To test if muffins are done baking, insert toothpick into muffin. If it comes out clean, muffins are done. If it comes out with raw batter on it, bake for another couple minutes.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Calories: 198kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 18mg, Potassium: 116mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 1641IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 12mg, Iron: 1mg