Get the Recipe:
Gluten Free Donuts
These gluten free donuts are soft, fluffy and sweet! They are easy to make and great for breakfast, a snack and dessert. These donuts are topped with a simple homemade vanilla glaze!
First, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a donut pan with nonstick spray.
In a mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, vanilla and oil. Stir to combine.
Then add in gluten free flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir to combine. The dough will be thin like cake batter.
Use a spoon to spoon donut batter into greased donut pan. Fill each cavity halfway.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until donuts have risen and set.
Remove donuts from oven. Allow donuts to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully invert the donut pan and remove donuts onto a cooling rack.
To make the glaze, add powdered sugar and milk to a mixing bowl. Stir until creamy.
Dip each donut into glaze and place back on cooling rack. Repeat for each donut.
- Both regular milk and dairy free milk work in this recipe. To keep it dairy free, I used vanilla almond milk in both the donuts and glaze.
- The donut batter will be thin like cake batter.
- I use and love Wilton's donut pan. Generously spray with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
- Bake donuts until they have fully risen. A toothpick inserted will come out clean when they are done baking.
- These donuts can be served with or without the glaze.
- They can be served warm immediately after glazing or they can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Nutrition facts include the glaze.
Calories: 296kcal, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 73mg, Potassium: 59mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 73IU, Calcium: 59mg, Iron: 1mg