Get the Recipe:
Instant Pot Steak
This Instant Pot Steak is tender, juicy and so flavorful! This pressure cooker steak is easy to make and yields the most delicious steak. This Instant Pot sirloin steak is so hearty and savory.
First, combine all seasonings in a small bowl.
Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Rub seasonings all over both sides of steaks.
Press sauté on Instant Pot. Add olive oil to pot.
Once oil is hot, place steaks in pot. Sear for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
Press cancel. Use tongs to remove steak from pot onto plate.
Pour 1 cup water down into pot and scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon to deglaze it.
Place trivet inside pot. Place steaks on top of trivet.
Secure lid and turn vent to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes for medium rare, up to 12 minutes for well done.
When timer goes off, carefully turn valve to venting and manually release pressure.
Finally, carefully remove steaks from pot. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into to lock in those juices.
- Any cut of meat will work, but I have had success with both ribeyes and sirloins.
- Feel free to replace seasonings with Montreal seasoning or your favorite seasoning mix.
- After steak has seared on both sides, add water and scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon to deglaze pot. This helps to prevent burning.
- Pressure cook steaks for 3 minutes for medium rare, up to 12 minutes for well done.
- Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes after cooking. This helps keep the steak juicy.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- My pressure cooker only took 5 minutes to come to pressure.
Calories: 599kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 46g, Fat: 46g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Cholesterol: 138mg, Sodium: 415mg, Potassium: 627mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 75IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 24mg, Iron: 4mg