Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
These Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs are incredibly easy to make and super flavorful. They are perfect for an easy dinner or weekly meal prep. The chicken thighs are tender and flavorful, the green beans are hearty and the potatoes are crispy. In addition, these sheet pan chicken thighs are a breeze and they’re perfect for kids and adults!
List of Ingredients
CHICKEN THIGHS: Chicken thighs are a great option for sheet pan dinners because they remain tender while cooking. Both bone in and boneless chicken thighs work – bone in take slightly longer to cook.
OLIVE OIL: Olive oil coats the chicken, potatoes and green beans and helps to create a crispy result.
SAGE: Sage, sea salt, pepper and minced garlic are used as seasonings. This simple herd blend is savory and flavorful.
FINGERLING POTATOES: Fingerling potatoes are the perfect size for sheet pans. They roast nicely, resulting in tender potatoes with a crispy exterior. Feel free to substitute chopped white potatoes or sweet potatoes.
GREEN BEANS: There has to be a veggie, right? These greens beans add a punch of color and flavor.
Chicken Thighs Versus Chicken Breasts
Chicken thighs are darker meat than chicken breast, so they naturally have a more intense and rich flavor. They remain moist and tender while baking whereas chicken breast tend to dry out.
In addition, chicken thighs are usually cheaper at the grocery store. These are my favorite chicken thighs.
Chicken breasts can be used in this recipe. They typically do not require as much time in the oven as chicken thighs. To make this with chicken breasts, follow the same steps but reducing baking time to 20 to 25 minutes. Check after 20 minutes and add more time as needed.
Chicken is done cooking when its internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check out these Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes for another great recipe!
How To Make
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
First, combine olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl.
Rub 2/3 of this mixture all over chicken and toss with potatoes and then place chicken and potatoes on a baking sheet.
Then, bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from oven. Toss green beans with remaining 1/3 mixture and place on baking sheet.
Finally, bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees Fahrenheit).
What to Serve With Chicken Thighs
Since this is a sheet pan meal that includes a protein, a starch and a veggie, you really don’t need much else!
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- To begin, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- First, combine olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub 2/3 of this mixture all over chicken and toss with potatoes and then place chicken and potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Then, bake in oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Toss green beans with remaining 1/3 mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Finally, bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Chicken must reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit to be cooked.
- Substitute chopped white or sweet potatoes for the fingerling potatoes.
- If using chicken breasts, reduce cooking time to 15 minutes before adding green beans. Then, add green beans and bake another 10 to 15 minutes.